Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wetness...

Well it wasn’t that long ago that when we arrived we heard that some people had never seen rain in Doha so we really didn’t know what to expect (and I guess the same could be said for the whole country). Thinking back now though, I think they must have been people that had only been here since the beginning of the year. Over the past week we have felt cold, seen light rain on and off, plus had a few beautiful sunny days… but today again it is rain… and actually real rain this time.

We awoke to wet ground and dripping drains so it had rained a bit over night… but since I got home from dropping Kerry and Ashur off it has been pretty steady. I guess the funny part about it is that although I now know it does know how to rain in Qatar, I also know most people don’t know that driving in the rain is slightly different from driving on dry roads. The other funny part to it all is that although I said last week that the rain has come in time to clean off all the roads and buildings for the games, now there are other problems… what does happen when brand new roads get waterlogged! Did they test the Games flame to see if it works in the rain! Can they run the opening ceremony in the wet! If they turn on everything at the stadium will it explode into one giant short-circuited electrical blue flame!

…aahhhh I am sure it will be ok and at least everything is green!

Technorati Profile

No comments: