Sunday, November 12, 2006

November rolls along

Well November is progressing along nicely and we are all well… first two weeks have been taken up with AJA and shopping trips… a normal life… the weather continues to cool down… cats continue to congregate by the back door when it is open and they are feeling hungry… our villa continues to become more like home, as does Doha… oh and of course Games preparations continue (more about that later though)!

I have been applying for jobs still and my search has now extended beyond Qatar (if I was to get something elsewhere, we can deal with it if it eventuates). I honestly have lost count of the number of positions I have applied for in Doha. It isn’t that the work isn’t here, but I really want to get something substantial (preference for an internationally recruited position with at least some of the “expat package” benefits). For the moment though everything in Qatar seems destined to continue the way it is for at least another month with the singular focus on the Asian Games… to be honest I am looking forward to getting the whole thing over and done with so we can experience this place under normal conditions. It feels a little like it has been one thing after another thus far with the initial settling in, then Ramadan followed by Eid, and now with the Games and winter holidays approaching… role on mid-December.

No comments: