Saturday, September 23, 2006

Doha Zoo x2

Just thought I would post a couple of more “zoo” photos.

The zoo itself is constructed in two halves… on one side is the botanic (type) gardens and the other side is the animal enclosures. There is a big central enclosure that is mostly undercover or indoors, and around this is the herding type animals. It isn’t overly big… then again Doha isn’t overly big either, but well worth the trip and a return or two.


It is the indoor enclosures that are the ones that have everything from Guinea Pigs, a Cane toads, through to snakes and all sorts of weird and wonderful things. One of the things I liked were the big cats… not BIG cats like Lions and so on (although they were there too)… but just big cats. Apparently they are Bush Cats, but to me they just looked like overgrown pusskins (about a metre long… maybe). I don’t know but I think they would purr rather loudly! For now I will stick to the feral cats as the villa isn't big enough for a couple of those.

No comments: